Wednesday 14 April 2010
My earth stripe wrap is getting quite big now (I really wish I had chosen a smaller project to teach myself to knit with- this is turning into a bit of an epic- the kidsilk yarn feels lovely though) and I need a bit of advice about what to do with the straggly ends. I thought it looked like it was going to be quite easy, as it was knit a row purl a row - that and I completely fell for it on the front of the Rowan magazine- but there are quite a lot of colour changes- I asked MrP's mum about these and she showed me how to change the colour, but she is now gone, so I have no-one to ask what to do with all the wool ends where I have changed colour??  Please say it is something easy which even I can do...
On a good note MrP has agreed to me reducing the price of the old house in an effort to get it sold and move to the happily ever after cottage. This is on the condition that I spend less time playing on the computer and get all the stuff piled in the dining room listed on ebay and go through the box room and do the same (I'm not very sure how listing on ebay will stop me playing on the computer but I'm sure he knows what he means). On the plus side the weather has turned cloudy for the time being and it seemed bitterly cold when I went out earlier (this could just be compared to last week though) so a bit of gentle ebay listing, lovely and cosy indoors, could be quite nice.
The other conditions included getting my finger out and sorting the horses out (okay but not in the cold... did he not take photos of me with that Riley boy just the other day??). Opening the gorgeous wine we were supposed to be saving for special occasions (it was fab! yum!!) and understanding that a drop in price meant that my dreamy new kitchen with intergrated everything at the cottage would be out of the question and I would have to "make do"- okay! plans already hatching in my head for a deliciously retro shabby chic cottage kitchen instead ...

I saw this beautiful butterfly while walking the dogs yesterday - so pretty!
...

3 comments:

dragonfly said...

You need to weave in all those pesky ends! The worst job in the world, I'm afraid! Lovely colours though, so worth it.

It's early for peacock butterflies - lucky you to have spotted one.

BadPenny said...

sometimes compremises end with the best results. Can't help you with the knitting - Nits yes, I was ace at getting rid of those when the kids were small !
Thanks for leaving your name on the game - do pop back if you get a chance to see what the others have put !!! I can't stop giggling !

driftwood said...

as dragonfly says you need to weave in the ends with a darning needle, try you tube for a video tutorial, ooops that's computer time isn't it..... good luck with the sorting, and the plan for new chickens xxx

Post a Comment

Thank you for popping by and taking the time to leave a comment. It's so lovely to have visitors.