Monday 19 April 2010
...and the award for the first egg goes to...

drumroll....


Sweetpea for this small but perfectly formed white egg


Which MrP enjoyed enormously - I took him breakfast in bed on Sunday - he has been working all hours recently and deserved a lie in- bless! (Less than an hour from laying to eggcup!)

I have been soldiering on listing no end of stuff on ebay under the watchful eye of MrP making sure I wasn't "wasting time" playing on the computer- despite a humdinger of a migraine which had me crawling into bed twice over the weekend- MrP has agreed that listing things on ebay is one of the worst jobs ever though...

On Saturday afternoon in an effort to shake off the migraine - which tablets have no effect on at all- as I said I had crawled back into bed for a quiet lie down- only to be joined by MrP ("I thought I would join you") and Tequila the cat who likes to "look after" me when I'm not feeling good by lying on top of me and massaging gently with his claws and purring full blast in my ear- so I lay for a couple of hours between a husband and a cat, listening to next door vaccuming and their dogs barking constantly- MrP and Tequila were fast asleep! We got up and did a mad dash, seeing to horses and chickens and walking dogs - then off to the shops to buy a Scalextric set for MrP's business partners 60th birthday! I made the huge mistake of volunteering to drive so MrP could have a drink at the party and so sat for 3 and a half uncomfortable hours drinking diet coke, nursing a migraine and watching everyone else get drunk... great fun!

Sorry I didn't have a photo of everyone getting drunk so I thought you would like a photo of my silly stone dragon -Flint- and his pot of violas outside the front door

Sunday the migraine got worse so I repeated the back to bed thing- joined once again by MrP and Tequila and this time lay for an hour and a half between a husband and a cat listening to next door's dogs barking, excited chatter as they had a barbeque and a tractor spraying in the field over the road. I'd had enough and decided a walk in the fresh air was the only cure- I have to say a walk in the woods near the cottage was bliss- the dogs loved it- it didn't shift the migraine but I did feel a whole lot better after this...

and this...

and this...

and this...

and MrP in his Australian hat- which he thinks makes him look like Indiana Jones (it doesn't but don't tell him)

but for now the migraine persists so I'm off for a lie down- on my own- in the dark- with pillows over my ears.

Back soon with my award and 7 things you didn't know about me...

2 comments:

flwrjane said...

Where have I just come from? Oh, Miss Pickering. As a fellow migraneur a big quiet hug of sympathy to you. Hope it has gone. I woke up today without a migraine for the first time in 6 months, though my pills, Imitrex, work to stop it within the hour, they could not break the cycle. May your cycle be broken, if not go to the doctor asap. and that's an order!

bellaboo said...

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a lovely comment,(and for following too!).Sorry you have migraines.I have strange ones,I don't get the headache very badly..thank goodness.. but I get the strange flashing lights,feel weird and lose part of my vision.I have a friend who has just developed cluster headaches which are the worst apparently.


Bellaboo :0)

Post a Comment

Thank you for popping by and taking the time to leave a comment. It's so lovely to have visitors.